News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Rotor help

Started by DesertDog, July 30, 2008, 08:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Got a question for all you boys that have replaced rear rotors on their Steamers.

Bought the EBC MD645 for my 97 and the issue that I am having is that the countersunk mounting holes are not deep enough.  The EBC rotor is countersunk 1mm and the original Sunstar on the bike is 1.75mm.  So, the heads of the mounting bolts sit proud on the EBC rotor and make contact with the brake caliper.  

Spoke to EBC (England) and they state that the 1mm countersink is correct.  Anybody else have this problem?  Do I need to find a lower profile replacement bolts?  Am I getting fed a line of shit!   :evil:

Any suggestions welcome.  

thanks

BR

Hey D-Dog,
I guess rear rotors are not the hot topic around here.  I took a look at my OEM rear rotor and the bolts come very close to the rear caliper bracket... very close.  Prob about a ~1mm or so of clearance and the bolts are not flush with rotor.  I didn't measure it but it looks to me that you have very little room to play with if your replacement rotor has less counter-sink than the original.  Now, if a different style (shallower) bolt is used then you could probably make it work.

Brendan, '98 Steamer