News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I'm entering the asylum

Started by Old Desert Rat, March 26, 2008, 10:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wuff

We all know that the black ones are much faster. lol JK enjoy the new ride and get it painted black as fast as you can.  :D
No matter where you are, You are there.

Bruincounselor

I was lookin' at your photo and the bike is missing the "bash plate" for the pipes under the engine.

Anyone got one for the rookie??
Bruin\'

Old Desert Rat

Yes it is missing the bash plate but there are no mounts on the exhaust for one either. Kinda strange. It does have the offroad can and map, heated grips, bar riser and Renthal motocross bars. I've been looking for an after market skid/bash plate for a week and it seems like the TT is the only solution. TB's from Australia is really expensive at the moment because of the exchange rate.

Don't like the bars so I just ordered Pro Taper Raptor ATV Bars. Lots more farkeling on the horizon.
KTM 400SXC
1974 CR 125
1997 XT 225
1999 Yellow Girly

Stretch

Quote from: "Old Desert Rat"Lots more farkeling on the horizon.

Good.  Do what's best for the Nation and get that tax refund back in circulation.

TigerTrax

Old Desert Rat....

You are gonna love that Tiger.

Really: I'll bet you wish it were Black!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Old Desert Rat"I've been looking for an after market skid/bash plate for a week and it seems like the TT is the only solution.

I just installed Touratech engine bars and Touratech skid plate.  Absolutely top-end shit.  Worth every penny.  Love 'em. And yes, the Germinglish directions suck, so figure it out on your own.

Now, if Touratech would just rip-off Stretch's highway pegs we would be in business.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Stretch

It would only be fair.  I ripped off their skidplate.  :mrgreen:

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Stretch"It would only be fair.  I ripped off their skidplate.  :mrgreen:

That is GREAT!  :lol:

In prep for my up-coming Utah-Colorado trip,  I built a set a highway pegs/bar as well.  I don't like them as much as yours, but hey, it is only about comfort on the desert superslab.  I will be posting all my mods shortly.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS