News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Accelerator Pump?

Started by RiderX, November 26, 2007, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

...and, if you have any questions for the FactoryPro guys, you'd best call them as I emailed a few weeks and haven't heard a thing from them.  My quesiton was *what* exactly comes in their jetting kit?  Pilots, mains, needles, needle jets (?)... etc.  I coudn't tell by surfing around their site.

Btw, got the fires lit on my '98 today with the '04 Daytona coil-sticks installed ($35 for 4, ebay).  Fired right up but still not taking much throttle as before so carbs are coming off (it has been sitting for months).
Still pisses me off... I have *never* owned a bike so fook'n sensitive to sitting around for more than a few weeks.  NEVER!

Brendan
'98 BRG Steamer

JetdocX

Hey BR,

Please keep us posted on your Racetech experience, service, etc.  I hate to deal with fooktards.

I don't know what the Bay has in the way of tuners, dynos, etc, but the local Trumpet dealer has a dyno.  They told me they could dial mine right in if I fell on my face trying the re-jet.
From parts unknown.

BR

Racetech? You must  be thinking of another post...!

Anyway, I'll just yank my carbs go through them again (it has been a while) as there is something clearly wrong.  There is a local shop that has a dyno and exh sniffer so I have considered taking it to them for a dyno run, exhaust analysis, and mixture screw setting (~1.5%CO I believe is correct).  I'll need to get it running better first... Anyway, I should be able to R&R the carbs this week so I'll report  back on my progress.

Brendan

JetdocX

Quote from: "BR"Racetech? You must  be thinking of another post...!

Anyway, I'll just yank my carbs go through them again (it has been a while) as there is something clearly wrong.  There is a local shop that has a dyno and exh sniffer so I have considered taking it to them for a dyno run, exhaust analysis, and mixture screw setting (~1.5%CO I believe is correct).  I'll need to get it running better first... Anyway, I should be able to R&R the carbs this week so I'll report  back on my progress.

Brendan

Right, sorry.  Factory Pro is what I meant.  I have WAAAAAY too many different projects going on my Steamer right now. :oops:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

nightrunner

Quote from: "BR"...and, if you have any questions for the FactoryPro guys, you'd best call them as I emailed a few weeks and haven't heard a thing from them.  My quesiton was *what* exactly comes in their jetting kit?  Pilots, mains, needles, needle jets (?)... etc.  I coudn't tell by surfing around their site.

Click on the TiProKit link.  It says they supply "slide springs and pilots as required in kit design".   So it seems that each kit varies.   But yeah, for $130 I'd call them.

You can buy the Keihin jets at most bike shops.  They should have a master box with dozens of jet sizes.  I think I paid like $4-5 each.

FWIW IMHO its the pilots that made the big improvement in cold starting and off-idle performace.  Factory Pro may include them.  Don't know.  I know that Dynojet kits for many other bike models do not include the pilots, and I wont waste money on another Dynojet kit.  FP may be better.

Sorry to hear of your woes.  Mine has been rock solid reliable (almost like a steam engine) since I did the carbs and coils (and DAR).  Fuel stabilizer might help over the winter hibernation.   I'm sending positive thoughts your way.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril