News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacement Tank Decals

Started by McGuiver, December 06, 2007, 12:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGuiver

I just bought my first Tiger, an 06, that had unfortunately been layed down on one side. I am going to repaint the tank and left pannier, and am going to need the tank decals (tiger stripes). Has anyone ever had to replace theirs, and if so, were they available through Triumph and were they expensive? Thanks!
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

WIDGIN

Triumph does sell the decals, but they charge a King's ransom. :roll:  Probably better finding an airbrush expert.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

HappyMan

Quote from: "WIDGIN"Triumph does sell the decals, but they charge a King's ransom. :roll:  Probably better finding an airbrush expert.

That's a great idea.  They'd probably look even better and you could have them hit the front fender at the same time.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

CvPiper

There not that much at all. Especially in the US they will be half the price of here.
2005 Tiger 955i, Lucifer Orange
3 Box Luggage
Rider and Pillion Gel Seats
Touring Screen
TOR Can
Scottoiller
Autocom (Work in Progress)

Jacqueslemac

So how much are they, then (in the UK)? I've seen a Tiger with matching stripes on the panniers and I was thinking about doing the same for mine.

McGuiver

Since I started this thread, I went to bikebandit.com, and damned if they didn't have them on the fische with all the other parts for Tigers.......pretty handy tool to have for looking up parts! Anyway the price for those gems is a bit steep allright! Each Triumph logo is 42.53, and each individual tiger stripe (for a total of 6) is roughly 24.00.........I added it all up for a total of 230.00 for all!!!! I am going to look into making my own, as that is what I do. I own a graohics / sign shop. I would have rather just bought them from Triumph, but I know how much these cost to make, and I just can't justify that kind of mark-up! I dont mind them making a profit, but give us a break!  :roll:
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

noivson

Graphics eh?   I can see a few stripes on my Silver Stretch Fender.
Lucifer Orange...PITA to match  :(
Would it be sensible (to both of us) to find 3M 220 in Intense Orange? for a few stripes....Really is strange I work for Avery and trying to get anything 'inhouse' is fruitless!
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

McGuiver

I guess using straight Intense Orange would be up to the individual. I am thinking more of making the stripes fade like the factory ones, and that would require printing the color on a solid color background to get the fade effect. Will keep you updated as I experiment.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE