News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The o-rings on the floats

Started by Dr. Mordo, March 21, 2008, 05:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mordo

I wanted my carbs gone thru by somebody who knew what they were doing.  So I took them to a mechanic recommended by my neighbor.  He is having trouble finding the parts from Mikuni to complete the rebuild.  What I need are the o-rings on the float itself.

Anybody have any ideas?  I really don't want to buy 3 new floats if I can help it at $50 each.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

aeronca

hey bro -  when i rebuilt my carbs last year i got most of the parts from bikebandit.com. they got a good ipc(illistrated parts catalog) on line and carry about everything. try them, and worst case go down to the local yamaha guy - they can also get them, but try bikebandit first,            good luck
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Got a Parker store nearby? :D
From parts unknown.

Mudhen

I got mine from the dealer...'o' rings only, not complete floats.
\'96 Steamer

Dr. Mordo

Well, I guess I'll try the dealer and bikebandit.  Do you think yamaha has cross reference numbers for Tiger carbs?
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

aeronca

not sure brother, the guy at the one down the street from me just happened to be an x-triumph mech.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

Quote from: "Dr. Mordo"Well, I guess I'll try the dealer and bikebandit.  Do you think yamaha has cross reference numbers for Tiger carbs?

This is a post I just lifted off the Yahoo Tiger site , and Michael is a very good triumph steamer person , read this to mean if Mike said it it is true !
Here is some info on the orings for the mikuni carbs :

I have gotten replacement viton o-rings from McMaster-Carr

(www.mcmaster.com). I have had a set in one of my Tigers for about 8
years,

and they have held up well, no leaks.

The part numbers are 9263K121 for the small size and 9263K137 for the large

size. They come in packs of 25 for 3.36USD and 7.00USD per pack,

respectively.

This solved my problem, maybe it will solve yours.

Michael

2 '96 Tigers

Dr. Mordo

AWESOME!  Thanks a bunch.  I already ordered the floats, but I'll be happy to return them.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger