News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cleaning spoked wheels

Started by Jrod, March 19, 2008, 02:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrod

What are you guys using to clean your spoked wheels when they get really nasty?  Let me emphasize the word really!

Mustang

http://www.hawg-wash.com/ezdetailbrush.html
Something like this works really well !
and to get all the excess chain wax off the rear wheel try a rag soaked in K1 Kerosene to loosen up the chain wax then use a brush and cleaner . :eusa_dance

pit0rz

I have a very similar looking brush like that but it's a $3 cheapo from the grocery store.  It works well!

:wings
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Mustang

baby bottle brushes work good too !

pit0rz

I think that's what I have!  You read my mind, er something  :wink:
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Advwannabe

And for a touch of prevention, when the wheel is all clean give the wheel and spokes a light rub with a rag with some CRC, WD40 whatever on it.

The wheel will attract a bit more dust on road but will be much easier to clean the next time you get it muddy.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

flux

Spray Simple Green on wheel.  If very dirty, use toothbrush or rag, hose off.  Do not let Simple Green dry on the bike.  Works like a charm and realtively inexpensive.  

Or, do what I do and ride through a creek once in awhile.  ;)