News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12K mile valve check

Started by geotiger, March 12, 2008, 11:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geotiger

Stretch,

I totally agree with you, that is why I am going to learn to do everything I can on my own from now on.

My reason in posting this is not to make PJ's Triumph look bad; I have had good experiences in the past with them and I know that others have too.  

I just want to put out there that just because the tech may be "Factory Trained" doesn't always mean they won't have a brain fart occassionally.

Anyway, all is well (hopefully) now so ride on!
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Stretch"There are a couple guys here that speak negatively about owners performing their own maintenance.  With stories like these, I don't see it.  An owner with a good manual and tools, and who knows his way around his own bike, can perform nearly everything a 'Certified Technician' can, and actually give a crap that the job's done right.

With the exception of warranty work, I've done my own work on all my bikes and have never been disappointed.

AMEN TO THAT!

How about this dealer service: get your bike back and with the rear axle un-torqued and the tire under-inflated after a rear tire change: and then find that out at SPEED on Monarch Pass!

We truely do put our LIVES in the hands of the "factory-trained" wrench spinners... ummm, mechanics that would work on our motos.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS