News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Colorado-Utah Trip

Started by Patrick the Scot, March 15, 2008, 03:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick the Scot

Duaner and I will be hitting the road for a six day run in exactly 8 weeks.

Lubbock TX-Durango CO-Ouray CO-Blanding UT-Provo UT-Grand Junction CO-Aspen CO-Pikes Peak CO-Raton NM-Lubbock TX

Ride report to follow

Get after it boys-Spring '08 is almost here!
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Todd the Tiger

Did one ride thru alot of that country last July and would love to hit it again. Utah canyons were amazing and CO goes without saying.
So the end of May you are thinking?

FullMonte

I'll be riding to the Four Corners area April 26 - May 8.  Can't wait to finally do it on a bike after all the trips in planes and cages.

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Todd the Tiger"Did one ride thru alot of that country last July and would love to hit it again. Utah canyons were amazing and CO goes without saying.
So the end of May you are thinking?

Yep, third week May, 08.

My tenative route is going to take us from Blanding to the north west.  Is this area canyons? I know we are going to cross the Colorado basin, which I would assume is canyons, and then hit mountains to the northwest?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "FullMonte"I'll be riding to the Four Corners area April 26 - May 8.  Can't wait to finally do it on a bike after all the trips in planes and cages.

Should be warm weather in the low elevations by then.  

Are you riding out from TN?

blacktiger

Looking forward to my trip in those areas in early July.

Denver, Crested Butte, Moab, Kanab, Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Blanding, Moab, Durango, Salida & Denver. Includes the White rim trail, Las Vegas on the 4th July & Pikes Peak.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

FullMonte

[/quote]

Should be warm weather in the low elevations by then.  

Are you riding out from TN?[/quote]

Yep.  Slabbing I-40 to Arkansas, then its gonna be two lane roads through the Ozarks through OK to northern NM.  I figure the trip will be more fun with some scenery thrown in to break up the monotony of the interstates, which I hate.  Its only an extra day added to the trip out there.