News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

High Mileage Tigers - Purchase?? Never Mind...found a 2006

Started by jakes10mm, March 14, 2008, 04:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Quote from: "TigerTrax"I think Stretch probably gets a charge outta that....

Triumph triples with off-road pipes give me wood.

HappyMan

Remind me not to have an off road pipe when riding with Stretch.... :shock:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Stretch

You're safe.  I'm self-woodified.

HappyMan

Quote from: "Stretch"You're safe.  I'm self-woodified.

:eusa_clap
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Patrick the Scot

I saw a 2001 Sprint with over 100K miles and all was well.  Does anybody know of a triple that was shelled-out?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

jakes10mm

Well...about two weeks and 200 miles have passed and I'm very pleased with my Tiger!  Thanks for all the encouragement and guidance down the correct path.  Between your feedback and that on TriumphRat forum...I steered clear of the Daytonas and Sprints (for now) and started my Triumph experience with the 2006 Tiger.  I had a few dollars left in the budget, so I picked up a few close-out items, including a Bell Apex Matrix helmet, Teknic Monsoon Gortex Jacket, and Olympia Kelvar Gloves.[/img]
06 Tiger 955i

Patrick the Scot

"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Yukon

Great looking ride.  Chalk up another tiger owner for the PA riders.  We still have a long way to go to catch up to the Georgia coalition!

Stretch

Quote from: "Yukon"We still have a long way to go to catch up to the Georgia coalition!

For real.

How the hell did that happen, anyway?  Georgia USA leading the way in the internet Tiger populous... I thought all we did was Coca-Cola and bad presidents.

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Does anybody know of a triple that was shelled-out?

Yes - but it was owner inflicted. His bike died about 75 miles from here. Turns out he took off the airbox and lost (unbeknownst to him) the rubber gasket to the idle motor. He rode to Alaska and back outside without the ever critical gasket. Because he had basically bypassed the fiilter he scuffed his cylinders so bad he lost compression completely - wouldn't fire anymore. He sold it locally to a guy who put new sleeves and pistons on it and now rides it everywhere. The original owner bought a V-Strom and continued to the coast, I assume he has been assimilated into the collective.

Moral of the story - Watch that gasket :shock:
Bruin\'

Dr. Mordo

Hmm, I'm not exactly clear on what gasket he left off.  What is the Idle Motor?
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

Steamers don't have them.  It's a fuel injection thing.
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

Ahh, good to hear.

Thanks!
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger