News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 885i breather hose fix mod question

Started by haroldo_psf, August 12, 2011, 07:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

Hi all,

I read the breather hose fix sticky for the 885i. It is informative, except it doesn't suggest what I should use for a one way filter / valve to attach to the end of the hose.

I am no mechanical wiz, and have no idea of what material to look for. For the second time now in 6 months I had oil come up to my air box, once because of a tip over, the second due to riding at 8000rpm for 45 minutes straight, and due to a slight oil overfill (my mistake), the high engine pressure caused oil to travel up that hose, floor my air box again, and leaked out of the airbox / throttle body junction and sprayed all over my rear end, swing arm, wires, etc. It was really FUN to clean up!

So, I'm fed up.

Please help. What can I buy to put in the end of that hose which would allow it to still breathe, no dirt come in, and oil to come out if needed?
2000 Tiger 885i

Mustang

I have used these with excellent results on dirt bikes

http://www.mcmaster.com/#air-line-mufflers/=dl8y8a

haroldo_psf

thanks a bunch, I'll order some after I measure the diameter of that hose.
2000 Tiger 885i

haroldo_psf

these parts from McMaster only go up to 12mm stem diameter. Seems that hose is larger.

It would be great if anyone who has done this mod would post the parts they actually bought.

The stickie for this "breather hose fix" is all good as a warning of potential hazard, but if kinda useless for how to actually cure this without the info on what parts to buy, specially for mechanically challenged folks like me here :)

Anyone who has done this, could you post exactly what you bought, a linky, anything, and we will update the stickie...
2000 Tiger 885i