News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Eastern USA Tiger Ride-In West Virginia June 19-22 2008

Started by TigerTrax, December 05, 2007, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frzy

Quote from: "eldiii"Don't worry, there are paved roads in WV that put the Dragon (US 129) to shame.

eldiii

Looking forward to that. I'm going to riding the Dragon and others the early part of the week before heading that way.

Mustang

Only 6 more days till showtime  ![/size]
Could this be the year we get 100 tigers in 1 spot ! :wings
and everyone already knows the black steamers rule !

Stretch

Bleh.  Rub it in.

jsingraham

For those heading from Pickerington to Davis on the 19th, I plotted a route on my zumo.  If you want me to send it to you, shoot me a message and I will email it to you....for some reason it doesn't let me post a .gpb or .gpx file here...may be operator error.

Jason

jsingraham@statestreet.com
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

paulie

So close! Spent a fair amount of time this weekend preparing. I think we've got everything packed.. Riding two up with camping gear.. Hopefully the Tiger can handle being a tad overloaded(according to the Owner's Manual limits anyway.) I guess I'll find out the hard way if it does not.  :shock:

New pads need to go on still, no one in town had the ones I needed, so I was forced to order and wait for the distributor. Installing rear pads the night before leaving..... GAH. Not how I wanted it to go down, but gotta do what I gotta do!

Confirmed for a room in Pickerington, we're looking to make it for BBQ dinner with everyone there... Got the contact info, so I'll give a ring once we arrive :)

Cheers, looking forward to meeting everyone!
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

wvmike

:hello2 Kaylr and I will be pulling out of Saint Marys WV tomorrow and going thru Clarksburg WV around 1:30/2:00. We will be taking the twisty route over to Davis from there if anyone wants to hook up.See ya'all Thursday afternoon  :wings
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

frzy

I'm not going to make it after all.  :(

Y'all have a great time !!!!

thx1158

Ed...I'd like to thank you for all of your work on the ride-in. Had a great time and look forward to next year!

Bob
RWW

06 Tiger

wvmike

just got in from the ride in,what a hoot.Will try and post up some pics in the future.Meanwhile,here are a couple teasers

See Ya
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

jsingraham

from the WV ride in, 970 miles in 16.5 hours.

Had a great time and looking forward to Jasper already, and next year.  Thanks to Ed for pulling this one together, what a great area to ride!

Jason in KC
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

Yukon

Ed, Great event.  Thank you for all the time you invested planning this year's ride in.  "Big Jack"

Mustang

Quote from: "wvmike"just got in from the ride in,what a hoot.Will try and post up some pics in the future.Meanwhile,here are a couple teasers

See Ya

This was a great ride ! The gravel was GOOD and the twisty 1 lane roads are the best !
Here's to you Mike , your the best !

TigerTrax

What a terrific time in West Virginny!
Ed, West Virginny Mike and Kay. . . . Thanks for a terrific location
and arrangements. To Stephen Ford... your 'bonfire socials' were the
perfect touch!

We should have had a moment of silence for the deer that attacked Alan..
but he got his just reward!

Thanks to all who joined us and each with their own contribution making this a really fine event.

Another 'dead-head' home to Nebraska...

Lil Jason and I rode to Inianapolis then split.

We left 6:00am Eastern Time...

I arrived home 2:18am Eastern Time    1089 miles.

( Jim Price & I did the same 'dumb-assed' thing from Hiawassee! )

Bumming today!

Jerry
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

jays58

I just want to say what an awesome time I had at the ride-in!  The campground accomodations were excellent, (they even had a light show Saturday night!)  It was great to meet all you Tiger riders face to face.  Even though I'm new to the board, you made me, (and my Trophy riding buddy Butch), feel like we were among old friends.    

I can't say enough about the amazing roads - we'll be back!  

A real special thank-you goes out to WV Mike and Kaylr for serving as hosts for Saturday's ride - it was great, depsite the challenges encountered.  But, the real highlight for me was getting out in the woods Saturday evening.  Thanks Mike, for sharing some of the off-pavement treats from your secret stash!  I felt privileged to go along, not to mention the opportunity to ride your very well sorted out cat.  :notworthy

Thanks again to all involved.  I can't wait to do it again! :D
\'02 Tiger 955i
\'01 Sherco 2.0
\'74 Yamaha TY250