News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

high fender for steamers

Started by aeronca, June 16, 2008, 11:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

what kind of life do the tkc's have? 6000-10,000?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"what kind of life do the tkc's have? 6000-10,000?

Yes.

The set I just pulled off my Tiger went a little over 12k miles front/rear (front still had plenty of tread but was scalloped up and vibey).  The last set on my GS went 9500 rear, 16k front.  But lots of people only get around 5k on the rears.

I run mine softer than most at 25/25, am a lot lighter, and rarely thrash them in the twisties.  So ymmv, a lot.
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

thats not bad milage. i spend a fair amount of time on the highway so im worried about the lifespan, and thats why i was thinking about the trailwings, but - the tkc's are cool, and havent ever,never heard nutin bad about them. besides, they'll make my bike look better.

side note: you ever make over to gilly's and get some beans?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"thats not bad milage. i spend a fair amount of time on the highway so im worried about the lifespan, and thats why i was thinking about the trailwings, but - the tkc's are cool, and havent ever,never heard nutin bad about them. besides, they'll make my bike look better.

side note: you ever make over to gilly's and get some beans?

Highway is where my TKCs spend most of their time.  I mainly use them for their looks and for the rare occasion when I want to hit the trails and haven't switched over to my dirt wheels.

Still haven't made it to Gilly's.  Next time my wife goes out me and the boys will give it a try.  I bet they'd love it.
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

decorate it with some dirt? :lol:  :lol:

And don't go alone.  You may need someone to help you when you get it sleepy on the down side of a steep hill.  DAMHIK![/quote]

funny you would say that.  after work at 8 in the am, i went for a little off road excursion, and ended up on my side twice, must a been sleepy.  i forgot just how heavy the bike was. and ofcoarse being alone i had some time to think about that. bald tire's in tall wet grass in deeeep ruts ar'nt mans best friend, but i was laughing to hard to care. oh, and there was a highway full of car's that got to watch the entire event unfold :D .  at least i was off road - unlike the guy's on the gs' :lol:  :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Hey, now....

Don't be hatin' on the big GS's.  I saw one ride over a curb the other day. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

Mudhen

Mine used to go offroad...

Little video of just how great it was:
http://mudhen.smugmug.com/gallery/13787 ... rZzpv-A-LB

They're easier to pick up than our bikes - they have those nice jugs so the bike doesn't go all the way over.  The jugs also allow you to do the 'head spin' when you want to turn around and go the other way in the woods - just lay it down on the head, and she twirls real easy...
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

it's a good thing that you got the three men and a small boy option :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

tattyTigger

prob with the Steamer is it's way too heavy and the suspension is waay too soft to be any fun off road, rather use a YZ250 any day  :lol:

Mudhen

Quote from: "tattyTigger"prob with the Steamer is it's way too heavy and the suspension is waay too soft to be any fun off road, rather use a YZ250 any day  :lol:

GET 'IM!!!!
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 tatty said:
prob with the Steamer is it's way too heavy and the suspension is waay too soft to be any fun off road, rather use a YZ250 any day  

:Topes on that statement,
you sound like a quiter :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!