News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Did I lose an engine part here --->>

Started by atokad, October 06, 2008, 03:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atokad

Went on a nasty rocky road. When I was checking the bike after getting back to the pavement I looked the engine over and notices this shiny silver hole on the front of the engine.  Model year is a 2006. Anyone??

Sasquatch

I think that is the mount for the left handed muffler bearing.

atokad

Quote from: "Sasquatch"I think that is the mount for the left handed muffler bearing.

MUFFLER bearing??  :5huh   OK Sasquatch, why don't you post a picture of that for me then, cause I'm feeling a little like your post is  :Topes

Anxiously awaiting your reply   :icon_salut

outrunner

Nothing is missing from your engine.  :)  That hole is a blank, possibly something to do with manufacturing or the fact that the casings are the same as the 1050 engine so there may be something fitted there on other models, the smaller hole holds the clip on the cooling hose which I see from the picture is still there.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Sasquatch

I was pulling your leg.  As stated, nothing is missing.

But you might want to check your blinker fluid, just in case.