News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger Rider in Texas

Started by DaJudge, November 15, 2008, 05:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaJudge

Greetings from Texas.  It's been a week now since I picked up my '01 Tiger.  I'd been off a motorcycle for several years (used to commute every day on one) while my kids grew up.  Now that the youngest is almost out of the house, I figured it was time.  My dear wife of 25 years was a little slower in figuring that it was time, but she came along eventually. 8) .  

At 6'2" with 36 inch legs, the Tiger fits me very nicely, handles well and has gobs of power for running around town or out on the road.  The more I ride it, the more I like it.  Almost all of the bikes around here are either Harleys/Harley look-a-likes (VTX, Vulcan, V-Star, etc.) or pure sport bikes.  It's nice to have something that's a bit different.   This particular Tiger was bought new and ridden until earlier this year by TigerTriple forum member RobZ.  

I've already found this forum to be a tremendous help.  It's great to know that there's a good group of Tiger owners that enjoy their bikes and want to help others do the same.  I like to do as much of my own work as possible and I've gotten tons of good info here.  I especially appreciate Sasquatch and his willingness to respond to my PM's asking for help.

The Tiger came with a Triumph hard trunk (which is very handy), but I didn't have it on when taking these shots.

Stretch

Howdy, and welcome aboard!

stook

Welcome judge! What part of Texas do you call home? I'm in the Tyler "vicinity" (I live in a place no one has ever heard of and it doesn't appear on any maps I've seen).

That is a gorgeous bike. I have an '06 just like it and my son has an '01 just like it. Did I say I liked your bike?   :D

stook

Quote from: "stook"Welcome judge! What part of Texas do you call home? I'm in the Tyler "vicinity" (I live in a place no one has ever heard of and it doesn't appear on any maps I've seen).

That is a gorgeous bike. I have an '06 just like it and my son has an '01 just like it. Did I say I liked your bike?   :D

Looking more closely at one of your photos, I see "BMW of North Dallas" on the plate holder. That's the same dealer I got my Tiger from so I'm guessing you're in the Dallas "vicinity."

DaJudge

I'm actually in Tyler (inside the Loop).  I'll bet I'd know where you're at Stook if you said the name.  I work for Smith County and I know the area pretty well. :)  

You and me might be the only Tiger riders in these parts.  You just don't see them much around Tyler.  I did see that the Harley/Buell/Triumph dealer here had an '05 Tiger still sitting on the showroom floor.  A friend of mine asked them recently how much they wanted for it.  The sales guy said, "probably sticker."  Guess that's why it's still sitting there. :roll:

The original owner of my Tiger is from a town just outside of Garland, hence the BMW of North Dallas plate frame.

BTW-  Do you have any idea how much the dealer here charges to re-map the ECU fuel settings?  I'm thinking about getting mine set to off-road (a bit less lean).

Kiger

Welcome to the Tiger club. I ran around Jasper with Rob on that Tiger a few meets back. I have the same year and color. just a few diffent farkles on mine. It is a great bike and great ride.

Kiger

pit0rz

Welcome aboard!  She's a great looking bike for sure.  Like ya said, the more you ride it, the more you'll love it.  :thumbsup
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci