News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is it unanimous that the Michelin T66 tires suck?

Started by johnnyadventurepants, January 01, 2009, 02:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleaverid

When I was riding KTM's, lots of folks were running Metzler enduro sahara 3's on the rear (i wish they made our size in this tire) and tkc 80's or the Karoo on the front.  Bikes handled great still. The bikes burn through rear knobbies too fast and our tiggers are in the same boat.  My  friend only got 1500 miles out of his rear tire on his 990!!!!  He rides like a madman, granted, but he had that rear tire ate up in less than 3 months. take it with a grain of salt, you are going to get what you want to get, but they don't last if ridden aggresively. I love my Tourances' on my Tiger, nice tires, just wish they had a little more bite for the dirt.

Cleav
Always look downstream

Tigger_rider

Hi All   Hey I have a pair of t66s from my 99 with less than 1000 miles on them in my junk pile.. I mean shed if you want them. The stickiest tires when dry but like riding on oil when wet. Got rid of them when I about tossed it going over a ?plastic stop line that had the morning dew on it.  

OLY