News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

climbing????

Started by aeronca, February 10, 2009, 05:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

are there any climbers???  just watched my favorite movie - again "Touching the Void". an absolute MUST SEE. could you cut the rope?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

amazing movie, and stunning what they went through.  If you want to see it, but cant find it to rent, the entire move is on youtube in 12 installments, here is the first:

and number two:

and so on...

Wish I could climb, but the knees suck.  It looks like fun, I used to do a lot of backpacking though.

Geof

2004Tiger

Those were the days, almost 40 years ago. It was fun, El Dorado Canyon, Rocky Mtn Park, Veedavoo, Wild Iris, Tetons, Yosemite. Retired now, quit climbing in 1992, no more backpacking, snowboarding, winter mountaineering, motocross, or board sailing. I hear you wait in line for the more popular climbs now. Bummer. The Tiger is a good thing though, isn't it? Great fun to hustle over the Divide for a weekend of sailing, then hustle back, sometimes over Trail Ridge Road, a supurb 3 hour twisty. But the season here is too short.

Geoff, thanks for the Youtube. Good stuff.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

aeronca

i never did much climbing my self, but was alway's facinated with it. i even worked with a guy who spent some time on mt.mckinley. for me - bouldering was as far as it went,as far as actual climbing goes, but i still like to hike. next time im in arvada visiting, we'll have to get together and have a cold one 2004 tiger  :occasion14
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

2004Tiger

OK, bring your bike. I'll show you a nearby intense 1 hour twisty in the foothills. Then the beer will taste better.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

aeronca

i always loved going up through the canyon on hwy 6 out of golden, then shoot over to blackhawk, and come back up and on the oh my god road into idaho springs. did quite a bit of 4 wheelin there. i used to work at coors when i was in a&p school, so i'd grab some brew and head off in the morning after work. them was good times.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!