News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Those pesky dry break fuel connectors

Started by NZDeano, April 02, 2012, 02:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZDeano

Just had the dealer replace the fuel connectors under warranty. They ended up snapping one of the plastic female connectors in the process and only replaced the one they broke, the bike was all back together by the time I found this out and they had no more time available to do it then.(dealer is 250km away) They said it was very brittle. So that leaves one female still brittle and ready to break (at the worst time probably) I have a new replacement sitting here for it though. Their mechanic (who is actually a good man) advised me that it is not a job for the average mechanic like me to attempt in their garage at home (but he would say that).
Can anyone with experience of these answer the following for me:
1. Should I be f...n around with putting another plastic connector in ? He reckons once replaced I should get another 10 years out of it. Or should I be trying to locate some metal ones?
2. Is it a job to be done in the shed. I am not too bad on fixing things, but dont have workshop gear like a compressor etc?
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Mustang

replace it with the metal ones .........you'll be glad you did

there are threads on here how to do it yourself , look around .

start here
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5025