News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

starting problems

Started by plasticrat, February 15, 2009, 01:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticrat

my 01 starts fine from cold but when it warms up it can be difficult to start it always does but it takes a minute or two any ideas?

Stretch

Unfortunately, there's not any way for an owner to adjust the fuel injection map without a special tool.  The Tuneboy is available for private individuals, giving owners the ability to download various tune maps, and even programming your own.

Triumph dealers have a similar electronic device they use to download tune programs into your bike's ECU.  Since your starting problem is most likely a fuel map or sensor issue, you may have to take your bike to a Triumph dealer for them to properly diagnose the problem.

plasticrat

thanks stretch looks like a visit to the dealer i thought it may be a dealer job just wanted to check here first

flux

Sounds like it might be time for a valve job to me.

Stretch

Hm, could be.  I hadn't thought of tight valves.

BykBoy

I had problems starting my 01 cat after it got hot. I tried everything, and eventually found it was the sprog clutch. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having. I had > 60K on the big cat and have been riding it hard off road for a while before this started.

More info can be found here:  http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4026&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0.
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

plasticrat

Haven't been able to book into dealers yet but had a blast the other day & fuel consumption was very high bike has done 60k is it time for a rebuild?