News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Can these calipers be rescued

Started by neilo, May 31, 2015, 10:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Great news and a bargain  :thumbsup

Now you can stop, let's get her :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

Excellent work, I feel a trip to the dealer coming on for a new rear caliper!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

neilo

Quote from: GavD on June 11, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
Excellent work, I feel a trip to the dealer coming on for a new rear caliper!
Do it sooner rather than later as some of the parts are being superseded with different part numbers and the prices are being hiked back up to retail.

GavD

Popped in today, they had 5 in stock, fitted and bled this afternoon Neil.
Thanks for doing the research. :thumbsup
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

neilo

It's kinda rude not to buy them at that price :icon_wink:, fitted all my calipers tonight but its going to have to wait a while now until I can find the time to fill with fluid and bleed them all up. Glad you got yours sorted Gav.

NeilD

:thumbsup good news...  if anyone  needs one and find that theyve run out, i'll probably sell the one i have as ive fitted a set of brembos to the front of my TBird  and i have enough seals/pistons in stock :)

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: neilo on June 11, 2015, 10:44:31 PM
It's kinda rude not to buy them at that price :icon_wink:, fitted all my calipers tonight but its going to have to wait a while now until I can find the time to fill with fluid and bleed them all up.

What's the news? Hope you haven't thrown away the old calipers yet, I know a man that could use the mounting plates if you've still got them.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint