News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

B*gger, need help!

Started by gorgash, February 21, 2011, 10:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorgash

Hi all, need some advice.

I bought a 2004 Tiger 955i in January. Everything seemed ok, mint condition, etc etc... She rested in my garage for about a week (heavy snowfall, no riding) and the battery was dead. Charged it with an Optimate overnight, worked fine. Next morning I drove about 100kms. When I tried to start it later that day, it wouldn't budge. So I took it to a garage where the battery was changed, to no avail. The voltage regulator was busted, so they changed it too.

Now comes the weird part.

Seems like the battery drains but doesn't recharge. At first, the bike was equipped with an alarm and heated grips, but the alarm is already removed and I detached the heated grips. So there's really nothing draining the battery as far as I know.

So there's a new battery and voltage regulator (the alternator was still ok) and still the battery drained in a few days...

Your thoughts?

Bixxer Bob

Disconnect the battery ground lead, now put an ammeter (or a multimeter set to amps) across the battery terminal to the ground lead.  If you have any amps reading you have a current leak somewhere.  Now pull the fuses one at a time until the leak stops.  Now you know which cicuit is leaking. Tracking it down is then a matter of checking the wiring in that circuit.

If your meter doesn't show a current leak,  the pixies are stealing it  :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Has somebody maybe done the headlight mod with the wrong relays, who knows?
2016 Tiger Sport

gorgash

Thanks to both, I'll check it out this week.