News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Re: Steamer Wisdom and Illustrated 'How-To' Threads

Started by coachgeo, March 14, 2009, 09:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

Quote from: "Mustang"...
The early tigers suffer from:
1. Dreaded alternator rattle (DAR).  The bolts to the shaft for the cush drive on alternator shear off sometimes.
Thanks.. was having a hell of a time trying to figure out DAR
Quote...Check the chain rubbing strip on the swingarm , particually the bottom run at the rear , thats where it will deteriorate and start to chew into the swing arm . Also while you are down there make sure the rub block has at least 3/4 of itself left ....
a newbie, maybe even an oldie may not know what the OEM size is (what you called itself above).  So for that reason- can you tell us what  the OEM size is so we can determine if at least 3/4's is left; or will it be evident when you look?

Thanx
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"a newbie, maybe even an oldie may not know what the OEM size is (what you called itself above).  So for that reason- can you tell us what  the OEM size is so we can determine if at least 3/4's is left; or will it be evident when you look?

Thanx
you'll know, the edges will still be there but the chain will have eaten down into the plastic block so there will be a groove in it , eventually it will wear to the point that the chain grabs ahold of the metal bracket that the block is molded to and rips the whole affair right off the frame

coachgeo

COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)