News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Various ailments. Which shop manual?

Started by ridin gaijin, May 27, 2009, 02:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

:?:

I'm taking the thing off the road for the time being. Front brakes are catchy--feels like masters need cleaning; speedo cable is connected fine but not working; and bike has drained a month-old new battery and won't start. Time for some physical therapy.

Which shop manual (available in the You Ess of A) does everyone like?

Thanks all!
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Mustang

the catchy brakes are probably more of a caliper problem than master cyl......corrosion gets on the caliper pistons and then they don't move in the seals as good as they should , that is the usual culprit .

speedo not working is a dirty sending unit more than likely and can be corrected by cleaning .............

the dead battery is not going to be good will probably be another  knackered charging system I'm afraid ........stator and regulator/rectifier .

Any of the manuals are good some like the Triumph shop manual some like the Haynes , some like to have both . Either one is better than none and this list is a great resource too .

ridin gaijin

Yeah, calipers. That's what I meant. Those things.

Too right on the charging system I'm afraid...will be going through it over the next few weeks...  :(
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...