News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

rear wheel bearing

Started by simonxrv, March 19, 2009, 11:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonxrv

I need some new rear wheel bearings and want to know the standard numbers so that i can just buy them from a local bearing guy rather than having to go to my hateful triumph dealer!

Stretch

I saw your post in the 'Cross-Reference' thread, and went through it looking for an answer, but none is there.  It seems that the bearings for rear spoked wheels is the one wheel bearing we don't have a cross-reference for.

Somebody help the Brother out...

Mustang

Quote from: "Stretch"I saw your post in the 'Cross-Reference' thread, and went through it looking for an answer, but none is there.  It seems that the bearings for rear spoked wheels is the one wheel bearing we don't have a cross-reference for.

Somebody help the Brother out...
don't know if this will help ........
but a steamer rear wheel takes a 6204 and a 6304 in the hub and a 6305 in the sprocket carrier

bike bandit has the same p/n's for the steamer and the 2001 Girly so I would assume that spoked Girly wheels take the same bearings as a Steamer .

Stretch add this info to the wheel bearing post

Stretch

Quote from: "Mustang"don't know if this will help ........
but a Steamer rear wheel takes a 6204 and a 6304 in the hub and a 6305 in the sprocket carrier

bike bandit has the same p/n's for the steamer and the 2001 Girly so I would assume that spoked Girly wheels take the same bearings as a Steamer .

Sho' iz...

Good catch.  I'll quote your post into the Wheel Bearing post in the Cross-Reference thread.

simonxrv

thanks guys.  I have replied to the other post if someone can look at it and help me some more.

blacktiger

Quote from: "Mustang"don't know if this will help ........
but a steamer rear wheel takes a 6204 and a 6304 in the hub and a 6305 in the sprocket carrier

Those are the exact same numbers as I took out of my Girly. So you need to order 1 x 6305 LU, 1 x 6304 2RS & 1 x 6204 2RS.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.