News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP-- WON'T START!!

Started by BEEZZER, April 01, 2009, 01:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEEZZER

2002 Tiger --14000 km --ran like a top last year --stored mid Novemeber in dry but non -heated barn ( Canada  -30c this winter)
Removed battery-- added fuel stabilizer to full tank of fuel

battery now on full charge - temp here + 10c. Will turn over like crazy-- can hear it sucking air--- not even close to any ignition?

Suggestions please??

Mustang

I know this may sound stupid but try parking it in the sun for a couple of hours on a warm day and clamp your hand over the exhaust pipe while you crank it . works on the steamers every springtime .

JasonS

My Sprint ST (02) would always have starting issues in the spring.

Pull the plugs, give em a spit and polish, slap em back in and watch it fire right up!

( i hope )

although rolling out into the sunlight sounds MUCH easier!!!!
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

NortonCharlie

I would be suspicious of the side stand safety switch circuit, especially if the neutral light isn't coming on.  If the bike doesn't recognize it is in neutral and thinks the side stand is down it will crank but not allow any ignition.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

BEEZZER

Finally got it going this morning. Seems to be a fuel issue of some kind but just held the starter down and cranked it for 20 seconds or so and it just fired up.

Stretch

Good show.

The fuel system may have lost its prime,

or...

The fuel in the tank was treated with stabilizer after the bike was shut down for the last time.  Meaning, the fuel remaining in the pump, lines, and injectors was untreated and went bad.  It took a few tries to flush that old stale fuel out of the system, and cycle in some fresh gas.