News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lifting bike

Started by richmond, April 19, 2009, 09:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richmond

Hi, I just bought a '97 900 and went put it on my motorcycle stand to lube the chain and give the bike a good inspection and then clean ( I don't have a centre stand). I have a hydraulic lifting stand, but am not too sure where or how best to lift the tiger - there isn't an obvuious strong point - either the exhausts or bash plate get in the way and they don't look like they will take the weight of the bike. Any hints or tips?  Thanks.

Mustang

jack stands under the left and right footpeg brackets work the best , when the bike is leaned over on the side stand set the right jackstand up under the peg and then you can either lean the bike up onto it straight up or use a jack and then place a stand under the left peg bracket

aeronca

i have a hell of a time posting pics, but check out this thread. it shows my bike on a lift.  
http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... igh+fender
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

I've lifted mine.  It's a lot easier if you leave the skidplate on.  If you're working under the skidplate, then it's still possible, just be careful.  You may need to creatively use some wood. Got wood?
From parts unknown.

richmond

Thanks. I don't have jack stands, so I will play with some blocks of wood to provide a base for the lift. And I've taken note of that load strap to keep it secure...