News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Grin Factor

Started by HappyMan, May 01, 2009, 11:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMan

As I pulled into my office today accelerating around the corner and then decelerating as I pulled up to my parking spot just so I could listen to my triple sing, one of my employees met me as I parked.  "That has got to be the best sounding motorcycle I've ever heard". He said.  I politely agreed... :icon_salut  admitting I was a little biased.  

Tonight I read a review in motorcycle.com of the liter bike shoot out.  Honda CBR, Yamaha R1, Kawi ZX and GSXR.  They made this comment about the Yamaha...
"Um, can you say "cross-plane?" Any streetbike that sounds like a MotoGP machine is bound to clean house when it comes to coolness. The R1's intoxicating exhaust note is rivaled only by a raspy Triple from Triumph for sheer happy-happy-joy-joy fun; the other three don't come close here."

Yeah, Triumphs rule!  I've found myself more and more riding for the sheer joy of listening to this magnificent motor.  Life is good!  :friday   Now, if I could only look as cool as Rossi and had his money too......
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

RT

+1 on that.  Love the sound of my Tiger.   We have 4 Tigers and 2 Trophy 900's in our RAT and what a beautiful sound they make when there all together.

Life is better on a Triumph Triple..................

Oh yeah, Rossi looks a little scary with the buzz cut!!!! But who cares, that guy can ride.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

HappyMan

When you've got Rossi's money you can look anyway you feel like looking and still look cool.  8) Not everyone can have Sete's hair.. :roll:

Can't wait to get back on that triple.  Happy, happy, Joy, Joy!!!! :wav  :wav  :wav

aeronca

+++++++++++++++++++1 on the sound. it's suductive :love10
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

zadok_oz

I have the Staintune exhaust and it sounds great. The standard exhaust lacked a little something. Love the triple motor too!
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

TigerTrax

WOuld you guys quit it!

I just pulled my RotLe pipe and put the std back on....

a week later a buddy who rides an Elephant says that pipe you've got is so 'awesome' ....

Then I remembered being outside Silverton, CO, up on the mountaian, on the side of the road looking over a big valley.... and I hear this motorcycle coming up the mountain rolling on backing off... that narly sound.... I said to my wife, " that's Jim... she says how do you know that?
I says.... listen..... 2 minutes later..... Jim pulls up on his '04 Lucifer.
We left Jim 6 hours earlier taking 2 different routes to Durango... this is about where we would cross paths again!

I think I'll pop the pipe on tonight!
Wake the neighbors tomorrow.... let them know SPRING has arrived!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

HappyMan

atokad

Had a GS follow me half way through Rocky Mountain Park. I pulled into the summit visitors center and he follows me in to the parking lot.  He gets off and says, "Man, that is an incredible sound coming outta that bike!"  I say, "Thanks.", while thinking to myself (duh, I know!!!)

Then he says, "Yeah, I like my GS but it sounds more like a sewing machine humming along."

Every time I ride in a group, someone comments on the sound.  :headbang

TigerTrax

11:50 pm . . .
err..... Pipe's on!

Wake Up Call coming!

Happy.... Can you join us at the Tiger Ride-In this August in the
Michigan UP?

There will be maybe 5+ of us rolling out of Nebraska/MO thru MN on our way Manistique, MI. We may be picking up some IA Tigers too.

We'd like to snag some MN-ND-WI Katz too!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

HappyMan

Have I mentioned yet today how much I adore this bike??  For putting a smile on my face this bike blows every other bike I've ever owned away.  And I've owned plenty of bikes....really good bikes too.  Just strap me to this motor.  I don't care what it's attached to.   :eusa_dance

Sin_Tiger

Yup, there just aren't enough tunnels around  :D

If there are too many trucks in my nearest one then I take the long way back going home just for the hell of it  :lol:  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint