News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger wheels

Started by Expat Stu, April 10, 2010, 04:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Expat Stu

I have a PROPER Tiger wiv carbs, and found this morning that one of my front wheel spokes has done a runner - someone must have stuck cast wheels in a Tiger by now - what do I need to find?

OR does anyone have a spare spoke hanging around?

Trying to smile through the tears - I had to ride a HONDA to work....

Mustang

You need trophy wheels front and rear
also need the brake rotors as the tiger ones wont bolt to the wheels

back wheel fits right in with tiger spacers and caliper  no mods required

front one is another story

you need to have a set of custom wheel spacers made up to allow for the narrower width od the tiger forks but more importantly to reduce the size of the wheel bearing diameter to allow use of tiger axle

you also need to make a set of caliper adapters to allow the bigger floating discs of the trophy wheel  and if you want a working speedometer you need to highly modify a stock trophy speedo drive so it can work within the confines of the narrower forks .

Expat Stu

Mustang, you are a star thanks for all that info - is that your bike in the pictures? Stu

Mustang

Quote from: "Expat Stu"Mustang, you are a star thanks for all that info - is that your bike in the pictures? Stu

That's one of my tiggers ...hehehe

see more of the wheel change here Extreme Makeover

Bixxer Bob

Or he could just buy a spoke..... :roll:

:ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Or he could just buy a spoke..... :roll:

:ImaPoser

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Where are you?

I have just sent my rims for anodising and will be fitting SS spokes when they come back, so I will have a few slack handfulls of standard spokes spare if the workshop hasn't thrown them out, unlikely I'll call on Mon morning just to be on the safe side.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

OK I checked with my whizzard and although he had to cut a few there are a few Front and all the Rears both Left & Right to be had (gues the SotOiler reaches parts other Oilers don't :lol: ).

Let me know if that's of any help.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint