News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stupid headlight question

Started by Guest, June 17, 2009, 05:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

On my 05, are both headlights on with the low beams or just when on high beam ?

Had a few people tell me just one but I am not so sure.

Stretch

UK-spec Girlies run with one low-beam / both high-beams.

USA-spec Girlies run both lights.  If you're running with only one low-beam, you either have an English-spec bike, or you need to click here...

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4592

Quote from: "Stretch"UK-spec Girlies run with one low-beam / both high-beams.

USA-spec Girlies run both lights.  If you're running with only one low-beam, you either have an English-spec bike, or you need to click here...

Thanks Stretch, it's an early 05. I doubt it would be a UK spec, is there a way to tell ? Probably simply have a bulb out.

( click where ?)

Stretch

Sorry, the server took a dump before I could dig up the link.  It's fixed now.

Quote from: "Stretch"Sorry, the server took a dump before I could dig up the link.  It's fixed now.

Got it , thanks

oxnsox

Mines a Spanish Girl and she runs one for low beam and one for high beam, park light glow on both.
Headlight beam assignments are set/controlled by relays that you will also find behind the fairing. Because of this some of the relay sockets may be empty.
My understanding is that there is no standard layout for the relay cluster, meaning we could (for example) both have the same number of empty slots, but in different places. Yet our machines may function the same. (hey it's English)
However there should be labels on the wires to each socket which will tell you what its for.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~