News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What are these wires for?

Started by flux, June 17, 2009, 01:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flux

While I was messing around cleaning up the wires around the brake light last week  :roll:  I came across a puzzling item.

This is the brake/tail light connector to the right, now what is this to the left?  The wires were exposed in places before I fixed them.  

matttys

Factory alarm  :roll:
\'02 Girly, \'03 F650GS Dakar, \'05 DRZ470SM, \'90 DR350, \'03 DRZ134SM

Tom Herold

Since Triumph makes parts-bin bikes, a lot of the components interchange between models.  

The connector on the left has jumper wires in it to operate lights, or other electrical items, specific to the Tiger you're riding.  Another model operating the same wire harness probably has the jumpers in different locations.

When I had my bike torn down for maintenance, I marked the locations for the jumper wires on the connector in case I did something to disturb them and needed to put them back in place.  

Wrap them up, keep them protected and they should be just fine.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

flux

Okay, cool guys, thanks for the info.  Just making sure they were not critical things I needed to know about.

Cheers