News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

DUCATI FUEL FILTER

Started by GWL, August 25, 2009, 06:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWL

I have just bought a Ducati fuel filter for my Tiger. I know people sometimes use BMW filters but wasn't sure if anyone knew about the Ducati ones as well.It only cost £9.00 whereas the Triumph one was £24.00. Whats even better is that I got it from my Triumph dealer!!  (who also happens to be a Ducati dealer too). everyone will probabaly say "yeah we knew that, its old news" but just in case you didn't I thought I'd share it with you. :D
perhaps I'll start to ride like Nicky Hayden now! :ImaPoser

Stretch

What's the part number?

GWL

Sorry should have put that.  :oops: Its;  42540041B. Exactly same size and shape as Triumph one.

Stretch

Sweet.  I'll quote your post into the fuel filter post in the Parts Cross-Reference Guide.

Thanks.

GWL

Glad to be of some assistance. Hope this helps someone save a bit of money during these tight times. If I come across any other similar parts I will post them here :)

blacktiger

Quote from: "GWL"I have just bought a Ducati fuel filter for my Tiger.

It only cost £9.00 whereas the Triumph one was £24.00.

That's really cheap. Even the BMW supplied ones are around £13..I think. Good to know . Thanks.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

outrunner

Fuel filters are £9.98 from Triumph online, but then there is the postage.
That is where I got mine along with a lot of other stuff so I have no idea exactly how much the postage would be on just the filter.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

GWL

Well spotted Outrunner you're quite right. I've just been on the site and it looks like postage is free too! Makes the dealer price even more of a rip off at £24. I don't mind anyone making an honest profit, after all they are in business to make a living, but thats just taking the p...