News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOLD THANK YOU Precision Engineering Lowered Footpegs

Started by Hatepylons, August 26, 2009, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatepylons

$60.00 including shipping via USPS. Designed for a Uly, I filed the pegs to allow for fitment onto my Tiger - the areas filed and associated removal of the anodizing is shown in the attached photos.

Vendor's website: http://www.preeng.com/xcart/product.php ... t=5&page=1

These things are incredible - top quality billet aluminum machining and black anodized finish. I used these on a 1700 mile roadtrip last month - the extra 1" drop compared to stock made it so I could do 400+ mile days with ease.

So why am I selling? I have very poor foot posture, and in going around a turn I had the front of my boot drag, rather than the peg. Completely my fault, but enough to rattle my cage. So back to stock for now until my posture improves.

Full photobucket album:
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk10 ... /Footpegs/

[/img]

Hatepylons

I have someone on our local bike forum call dibs, I'll update on Monday if they are still available or not.

Thanks for looking.

brad1098

Interested if local guy backs out.
02 black-Lorna

Hatepylons

Quote from: "brad1098"Interested if local guy backs out.

You got it. I'm away on business this weekend (Corvettes at Carlisle), but he's supposed to check them out on Monday.

brad1098

Sounds like my kind of business.  I have driven past Carlisle fairgrounds several times and always wanted to go to a show/swap there.

Went to a business meeting in Evansville, Indiana yesterday.  Frog Follies show/swap.  

Had to get pulled away from an original owner '75 Suzuki GT185. Started first kick 6,000 mi. $500 firm, wouldnt budge.  :cry:
02 black-Lorna

TigerTrax

Supposedly the Uly will soon have another set of footpegs with 2" drop.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Hatepylons

Quote from: "brad1098"Sounds like my kind of business.  I have driven past Carlisle fairgrounds several times and always wanted to go to a show/swap there.

Fortunately the weather this year was not oppressive as usual. Made for a very tolerable show.

The pegs did sell to a local guy here, just need to figure out how to edit the thread title to reflect this.

Hatepylons

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Supposedly the Uly will soon have another set of footpegs with 2" drop.

Yeah, I saw those in my hunt for lower pegs - same vendor as these - but I felt that the two inch drop would have exceeded the limits in adjustment of the brake lever.

Precision Engineering does sell them though.