News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The repair story.

Started by Nick Calne, September 19, 2009, 12:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Ok here goes with the post crash repair story so far:

New front indicators - Some cheap ones from ebay, seem ok.  Old ones had rusted solid and had to be cut off with a hacksaw.  How wrong does it feel to take a hacksaw to your bike?!?!?!?!

Used gear lever off ebay - sloppy as the old one, but straight enough to use rather than curly!  Can you just pack it out with a slim washer to reduce slop?

New wing mirrors - Didn't buy OEM mirrors - got some nonsense cheapo ones on ebay that normally go on a Suzuki DR - Bad plan, should have coughed for the real thing.

New pillion foot rest bracket - ebay again!

New footrests all round - Found some genuine replacement parts at Sprint Manufacturing for the front and some similar looking ones for the rear.  Still fiddling around with these to get em sorted.

Remaining jobs:

Centre stand  -Tomorrow I am going to start the centre stand install for my steamer.  Any advice before I get stuck in?  Seen some really grisly commentary on the subject but it doesn't look too hard.  Jack it up, undo stuff, attached stand, do stuff up... Where's the catch?  What should I be looking for?

Replace speedo drive (hence the centre stand first...)

Repair or Replace the temp gauge that only works every third ride

Repaint the bike.  Am seriously considering white now.  Snow Tiger!  Anyone got a white bike? :shock:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nightrunner

Sorry about your spill.

I did see pics of a white Tiger recently; either here on Advrider.  I think here.

The C-stand was not too hard to install.  I think the return springs (last step) were a bit of a pain to set in place.  Its one spring inside another.

Cheers
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

Sin_Tiger

A plan  :eusa_dance wish I had one  :(

Putting the springs on can be a pain on any bike resulting in bent screw drivers, scratched paint and bloodied hands but there is a trick to it using the rear wheel or sprocket, drop me an email if you want some pics or the video of how to do it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint