News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New, and First Questions

Started by Medic09, September 18, 2009, 06:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic09

Hey all,

I bought an '02 Tiger yesterday, and found this forum today.  I hope to pick up my Tiger sometime this morning.

My bike is my daily transportation for anything that doesn't absolutely require a car.  I ride an '01 Sprint ST, but a recurring neck injury is making that a bit uncomfortable at times.  My wife said to look at a Tiger.  Didn't hurt that SHE had just been to the BMW dealer looking at bikes, and spotted this one there on trade-in.

My first needs are an owner's manual and a service manual.  Where might I be able to buy these?  Anyone here have for sale?

The Tiger is a tad tall for me, so I'd like to bring it down an inch if possible.  Who has done this, and how?

Thanks!  Ride safe!
mordechai
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

SERadtke

Welcome!
You must have a heck of a wife!!!
Keep your eyes open in the for sale forum, manuals pop up every once in a while. If you cant wait, try here http://www.bikebandit.com/triumph-motor ... 2/o/m17620  The more upright seating position of the Tiger should be much better for your neck. Worst case, it's pretty easy to add bar risers and/or set back spacers to make it even better. You should be able to lower the forks in the triple trees about an inch and if you spin the chain adjustmeent cams 180* (I'm pretty sure the '02 still has cams vs linear adjusters) you should gain about an inch in the rear as well. Enjoy your new bike, I sure love mine!!
Shawn
<((()))><

Stupid people are PROOF that evolution is a hoax!

Mustang

Quote from: "SERadtke"Welcome!
 lower the forks in the triple trees about an inch and if you spin the chain adjustment cams 180* (I'm pretty sure the '02 still has cams vs linear adjusters) you should gain about an inch in the rear as well. Enjoy your new bike, I sure love mine!!

Also make sure that the chain and sprocket clear the chainguard , on the 98 and earlier tigers you HAVE to shim the chainguard up or it hits the sprocket and will destroy the plastic guard in a matter of minutes

brad1098

Or you can just remove the plastic chain guard like I did 8,000 miles ago on my dropped 02.

Slide the forks up the triple clamps about 3/4 to 1" when you flip the rear axle.  

Then you will have to look for a low spot or dip for your kickstand till you lower it also.

Welcome,  everything you need to know is probably here somewhere.
02 black-Lorna

oxnsox

....now about that wife of yours...
She got any sisters????  
Welcome :)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Medic09

Quote from: "oxnsox"....now about that wife of yours...
She got any sisters????  

Sister is married and rides two-up with her husband on their Vulcan.  :D
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

TigerTrax

You can pick up a heck of Tiger service manual ( new ) on e-bay for about $20 .. looks just like OEM.

Owner manual may be a bitch.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Sin_Tiger

Welcome.

Quote from: "oxnsox"....now about that wife of yours...
She got any sisters????  

Beat me to it  :lol: Only one sister? Not sure my missus would approve  :oops:

I believe the owners manual is now available for download from Triumph but I'll have to check that.

Might want to try this if you are interested in parts
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Medic09

That's a good link, Sin; thanks!

I found the little owner's manual, so that's solved.

Thanks you all!
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

Buffalo

I have the factory manual and the Haynes manual for my '05. I like the Haynes manual better and it was rather cheap off e-bay
\'05 Tiger 955i
74 Suzuki GT550

Advwannabe

Hey Mordechai,

Congrats on a great bike! Be careful with your new steed for the first couple of weeks, lots of us drop them at slow speed or pushing them around the garage in that time as we get used to the top-heaviness

Crashbars are a great investment
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180