News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

help!

Started by kelpie_67, November 06, 2009, 03:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelpie_67

Hi folks just bought a 2000 885i and love it - one question what is the twelve minute tune and how do I do it ? My bike is running a little rough and the check engine light has come on - the previous owner had problem with breather hoses perishing and he replaced them with non stock items - any clues?
2000 885i yellow - can you see me now?

iansoady

Start it up (with no throttle) and leave it running without touching anything for 12+ minutes. This is supposed to reset everything.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

That's what I'd read on this site many times, but I noticed on RAT the other night that someone suggested it was 12mins after the fan cut in.  I've just had a quick look to see if I could find it again but no luck. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Yes I saw something similar in MCN this week Bob, not sure which is which.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Stretch

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"That's what I'd read on this site many times, but I noticed on RAT the other night that someone suggested it was 12mins after the fan cut in.  I've just had a quick look to see if I could find it again but no luck. :roll:

That's what the service guru at my Triumph dealer told me.  The fan clicking on is your cue that the engine is at operating temperature.  At this point, start the clock.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Yes I saw something similar in MCN this week Bob, not sure which is which.

That would explain why I couldn't find it on RAT, I just checked MCN and that's where it was - "Jerky speed triple...."

:?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Ah, so it could be after you ride it , then arrive home leave it running until the fan cuts in then 12 mins from then.

Stretch

I'm not so sure.  My guru told me to do it from 'dead cold' without giving it any throttle.

John Stenhouse

That was what I thought you said, I suppose the thing to do is give Trumpet a ring, might try that tomorrow.

Bixxer Bob

The MCN article suggestd that you could ride it till it's warmed up, then leave it ticking over until the fan cuts in, then leave for 12 mins without touching anything.

Getting that confirmed by Trumf would be good though.