News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Do you have children or Grandchildren?

Started by GWL, November 20, 2009, 06:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWL

Hi. This may be quite long so please bear with me.
Back in february I had to leave work due to ill health. I thought I could either sit on my butt and do nothing or I could sit on my butt and do something constructive.So I've written a children's book.
It's called "The Adventures of Enfield and friends"
It tells the story of two classic motorcycles,Enfield and Ariel, who are abandoned in a barn when their owner dies.
10 years later they are discoverd by Josh and his dad and restored to their former glory.
When Josh's family go away on holiday, Enfield and Ariel escape from the garage and go in search of their friends from years before. They are Norton,Vincent,Matchless and the old man,Brough.
They find their friends but also come across the new kid on the block, Laverda who is the local bully.
A great adventure begins which includes a race and a classic bike show.
The book focuses on the bond between the old motorcycles and deals with the problems of bullying and how to overcome them.
Obviously good wins over evil but there are twists along the way.
It does not contain sex, violence or swearing (sorry) and is ideal as a bed time story that can be read to children or they can read it themselves if they are able.
The reason I am telling you this is that when my son was 7 he was diagnosed with type 1 insulin dependent diabetes.Up until this year myself and friends and family would do a "walk for life" around the local resevoir to raise money for Diabetes U.K. As I am unable to do this any more I had this idea.
Now comes the grovelly bit,
I am asking for  £10.00 or $ /euro equivalent.
For this you will get a hard disc copy of my book .
It is only practical on hard disc as it is over 16000 words long which equates to approx 60 A4 pages and this would cost a fortune to post.(and print)
Yes I know it's not War and Peace but it's a decent length for a childrens story.
The £10 will cover the cost of the disc as well as postage and packaging and the rest will go to the charity.
I know that if you live outside the UK you might not want to do this but because the money will go to Diabetes research, everyone who is affected by diabetes will benefit.
I have opened a Paypal account for this which I understand can be accessed using my e-mail address.
I must stress I do not work for this charity and this is not "official" but i would still like to "do my bit".
If anyone would like a copy , you can P.M me with your name and address and I will send it out the next day. Also if there are any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Right, I think I've covered everything.
Thanks for your time , Geoff :D

(p.s I own the copyright for the story)

adrian jones

I am very interested.....for myself, as well as well as my children.

Will you ship to the states?

PM me with prices.
Trying to reason with hurricane season.........

GWL

Hi Adrian, thanks for the enquiry. The equivalent of £10 in $U.S will cover the cost of disc and p&p to the U.S.A. Please P.M me with your postal name and address and I will be happy to despatch one as soon as I receive payment.
Geoff.