News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12K service. Tank off. While I'm in there.....

Started by Albert Blue, November 11, 2009, 12:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Blue

Firstly, as a NOOB I appreciate this board! Tons of great info.  I recently purchased a "99 Tiger w/ 11.6k miles.  PO was diligent about oil changes but I suspect some other thing he let slide.  Being one to never let well-enough alone and given that the bike is 10 years old now, i thought I might take care of a few items this winter.  I'm already replacing rear pads/rotor, flushing f/r brake systems, replacing chain/sprocket. Tires shortly...  Whilst the tank is off I plan to:

-Replace faulty fuel sender.
-Check valve clearances
-Replace plastic fuel tank fittings
-New plugs
- Flush(if possible) or drain/ renew coolant
-????

I'm sure there's some stuff on the maint. schedule I'm forgetting, but my main concern is age versus mileage.   Anything else I should do while the tank is off??  Thanks in advance.. Cheers, Ray

Stretch

From the Triumph manual for 12,000 mile service:

Oil & filter
Valve clearances
Air filter
Spark plugs
Balance throttle bodies
coolant flush & refill
Adjust headstock bearings
Fork oil
Brake fluid (every two years)
Lube clutch cable

Albert Blue

Thanks Stretch.  I'll have to do some homework on the throttle bodies and headstock bearing (lube w/ relative bearing grease?).  I was considering stiffening the front forks anyhow.  Should be a good project.  Thinking about a trip to FL this spring.  Wil try to avoid the Harley  thing -BR BR BR BR BR BR BR BR BR BRBR...LMAO