News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

EZ radiator refill '03 Girly???

Started by wingnut111, November 09, 2009, 11:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingnut111

Ok so I have to flush the system at the 24k (actually 25k) and was wondering if there were an easier softer way than, pulling the tank, signals, battery box... to get to the radiator cap for refill/flushing. Any thoughts/suggestions?
If it has 2 or 3 wheels I\'ll ride it, race it or wreck it... possibly all three

Stretch

Nope. The tank has to come off.  Sorry.

TigerTrax

Owning a Triumph Tiger embarks you on a journey known as:
'OFIHTPTT'. Fortunately, it only happens once in a great while
unless you have a nagging problem.

PS:
When you flush the system MAKE CERTAIN you refill VERY, VERY, VERY slowly; Make certain you bleed the air. . .
or you'll be saying: OFIHTPTT . .  again!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

wingnut111

I've read several of your posts and you seem to have a ton of experience working on Girlies. How would you suggest to pull the tank painlessly.
Thanx, Van
If it has 2 or 3 wheels I\'ll ride it, race it or wreck it... possibly all three

Stretch

Right at the top here, in 'Girly Wisdom and How-To Threads'...

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,32393

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Owning a Triumph Tiger embarks you on a journey known as:
'OFIHTPTT'. Fortunately, it only happens once in a great while
unless you have a nagging problem.

PS:
When you flush the system MAKE CERTAIN you refill VERY, VERY, VERY slowly; Make certain you bleed the air. . .
or you'll be saying: OFIHTPTT . .  again!

Just checked that you're not the owner of this thread (you're not) on RAT:
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-worksho ... -been.html

It gets easier the more you practice, just remember not to fill the tank just before you plan to take it off (DAMHIKIJFK :oops:)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Oddly my best tip,make sure you have a long enough extension bar with a socket so it makes life easier,undoing the bolt at the bottom of the battery box and then the back of the tank.

BigMark

I can hardly recommend it but when my lower hose managed to come off and spill all my water i discovered that one can get enough freeplay by undoing the front bolt to get a 4" block of wood under the front of the tank and undo ones Cap.. Then a piece of hose a bottle and some tape will allow you to fill it up without Tank removal..

But unless your otherwise stuck away from home without the right tools and sorroundings, or completely insane, remove tha tank..

TigerTrax

' . . . a funny thing happened on the way to the Forum . . .'

Wait a minute!

Removing the tank is a PIA just because you must do it . . .
not because it's difficult.

Yeah you gotta remove the battery & box, unhooking all that stuff.
Remove front & rear hold down bolts. ( Make life easy: Replace that bottom bolt with a HEX head . .  )

But after that . . no problemo! In fact you can usually prop the  tail of the tank on a few boards across the seat frame. That gives you enough room to do a lot of things without disconnecting vent and fuel lines.
** Just make certain you are not putting pressure on your fuel line connectors.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Just checked that you're not the owner of this thread (you're not) on RAT:
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-worksho ... -been.html

No, that was me. I've now got find out how to take the tank off a Speed Triple. A black'un has joined my Tiger in the garage.  :D
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

macgart

Speedy tank removal is a piece of cake.  Great bike too.  Congrats!

Let the fun begin!
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/