News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Silver topbox for 2006 Tiger wanted

Started by matteblack, January 05, 2010, 01:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matteblack

I just picked up my new (to me) bike - a gorgeous 2006 Tiger in Silver. One of the few things I'm missing is the topbox, which I would love to get if possible. I know I can go the Givi route, but I'd like to have the stock color-matched Triumph box if possible.

Thanks!

EvilBetty

If no one pipes up, keep and eye out here and on eBay.  They do come up in silver now and then.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Medic09

Don't forget that for a reasonable price a good painter can match the color for you.  Also, check if the top box for the Sprint ST and Trophy are the same.  Seems to me they are.  That broadens your possibilities.

I've used a big 47 liter Givi (on my Sprint ST), and the Triumph box (on my Tiger).  The Givi was a bit better for big grocery runs.  It was a little taller, and took full grocery bags standing up.  The Triumph box is better for large 30 pound bags of dog food.  It is a bit shorter/lower, but a bit wider.  Nicer looking, too, in my opinion.

I think for packing nice clothes for a ride to a convention or some such, the Triumph box is a little nicer.  Better carrying handle, too, for taking inside.  For camping gear, I think either is probably fine.  I can get my climbing/work pack into the Triumph box more easily, because it is a bit wider (or is it longer?).
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four