News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOLD! - Cee Bailey #2 +4.5" windscreen for Girly Tiger

Started by wesseld, December 09, 2009, 08:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesseld

edit: Windscreen is now sold!

Sorry to make my first posting a "for sale" posting, but I've been reading and learning, without much to say so far.

For Sale - Cee Bailey #2 +4.5" clear windscreen for '99 to '06 Tiger $95 + shipping

This windscreen was on my '06 Tiger when I bought it, but it did not really work out for me. It is in excellent condition. This sells for over $144 new.

Thanks for looking!

Silver 2006 Triumph Tiger

EvilBetty

Welcome to the forum.

Nice Tiger you have there.  Looks pretty well equipped.

I've got he #2 +8.5 screen.  Works pretty good for me.

Where did this screen put the wind for you?  Neck / visor?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

wesseld

Hey EB,

This screen seemed to put the wind right into the peak of my Arai XD3 helmet, and was making the peak vibrate horribly.  I removed the peak until I received my Palmer adjustable windscreen.  Now I can ride at 65+ without the helmet beating me senseless.  This windscreen would work great for someone a little less than 6' and without a peaked helmet.

Don

EvilBetty

Damn... ANOTHER + for the Palmer... I know that's next on my list now :)

jphish

Wes - Just picked up an 06 Siberian like yours, with only 3500 mi on it - though unlike yours, mine was 'nekid,' other than centerstand. Got the Touratech crash bars & OEM heated grips, and now thinking windshields. I'm 5'8" so your +4.5 might work - the stock one is functionally marginal. What sort of 'dynamics' does this one exhibit? It appears wider obviously which should do a better job of shoulder wind protection, but what is the total height on it? (I assume the +4.5 means that much taller than stock ?)Thanks, j

EvilBetty

That's correct.  If you line them up with the mounting holes.  The 4.5 will be 4.5 inches taller than the stock screen.

Cee Bailey's website describes the dimensions pretty well.

jphish

Thanks Evil' - Did look it up on web site. I think the #1 screen maybe better for my riding needs. Pondering. What do you run on your Bengal colored Lucifer ? j

EvilBetty

I have a #1 6.5 and hate it.  Of all my screens it creates the most turbulence and buffeting.  Other riders have loved it though.

The screen I use the most this time of year is my #2 +8.5.

If I could do it all over again, I'd buy a Palmer and a OEM Sports screen.

jphish

Yeah - I have the Palmer brackets & 16" parabellum on my Uly. Tried 3 different screens and multiple settings before I found relatively clean air. No formula for success - just trial & error. If wes still has the +2 may get that as a back up if #1 doesnt work. Happy new year!  j

wesseld

jphish,

Thanks for your interest.  Looks like that old EvilBetty has answered all your questions already (thanks!).  I've been under the weather since before New Years and away from email and the forum.

I think the height of this screen would be just about right for you, and the extra width certainly helps as well.

I do have the windscreen still, but there is another person interested right now.  When I hear from him whether he wants it or not, I'll let you know.

Don

jphish

Thanks Don - Hope what ever malady you had was left back in 09...guess thats what new years are for?!  Ordered a #1 to try out - may / maynot work. Let me know the disposition of your screen in a week or 2. TTFN, j

wesseld

Well, I received payment for my windscreen today, so it is now sold.  Thanks everyone for your interest.

jphish, Good luck with the #1 screen, I hope that works out for you.

Don