News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Please allow me to intruduce myself.

Started by tazshido, January 13, 2010, 12:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

I have pretty much come full circle in wanting a Triumph tiger. Back in 2005 I test rode an 04 and fell in love. In 2007 when money issues caused me to have to sell my nice bike (not a Triumph) and get on a resurected junkyard find (94 CBR600F2) I vowed to have another nice bike. Well, I'm overseas with the Army for OP Iraqi Freedom and I've saved enough for a decent bike. I looked at a lot of cruisers including a 1900 Roadliner. I shudder when I think how close I came to buying (god save me) a Harley-Davidson. :5huh Well I've found a very nice 2006 Tiger with just enough extras to keep me happy and just enough left to do to keep me happy. My wife will be sending the seller a Paypal payment and I'll be picking it up and riding it home 1250 miles in May when I get early release for good behavior. As soon as the deal is actually done I'll post some pics.
   It's very exciting that a bike I have wanted for seven years is finally going to be mine. I'm on pins and needles!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

tazshido

What is up with these nicknames? I get the Roadie referance and I somewhat understand the Steamer name, but I just don't get the Girly moniker. So fess up, what's with calling the 955i bikes "Girlies"?

OK, Never mind, I just saw the sticky!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Mustang

Steamers RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girly bikes just are not as MAN-LY as a STEAMER (ducking for cover now ) :ImaPoser

Welcome aboard , the Tiger , whether it be a Steamer or a Girly or Roadie is one of the true do it all motorcycles that will just plain leave a silly shit eating grin on your face every time you ride it  !  :D

my little brother (retired Air Force) lives in Cheyenne . and even though he rides a Black Bonneville , if you see him out and about , stop him and tell him his big brother said "when are you going to get a real triumph , TIGERS RULE "

Medic09

Thank you for your service.  Come home safely, brother.

Enjoy the Tiger!
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

brad1098

Welcome, and thank you for your service.

Use this site to educate yourself on all the (mostly) great things about your new bike.  Ask any questions you need to, we're here to help and were all in your shoes at one time.
02 black-Lorna

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

NebraskaRat

I Pm'd you on your trip to pick up Tiger.

NebraskaRat

NebraskaRat

Oh yes, I think the Girly nickname came from the big long "eyebrow" decals over the headlights.  Unfortunately, '05's and 06's don't have them but the name stuck :roll:

HappyMan

Cause I'd much prefer to ride my Girly..... :shock:

Welcome and thanks for your service!!!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

EvilBetty

Quote from: "NebraskaRat"Oh yes, I think the Girly nickname came from the big long "eyebrow" decals over the headlights.  Unfortunately, '05's and 06's don't have them but the name stuck :roll:

Maybe I'm the only one that's noticed this, but one day when I had the fairing off and goofing around with my kid I realized it fit kind of like a breast plate...  My daughter pointed out that it looked like a bra for big boobs...
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Maybe I'm the only one that's noticed this....

...think you just answered your own question there EB....

Quote from: "EvilBetty"...but one day when I had the fairing off and goofing around with my kid I realized it fit kind of like a breast plate...  My daughter pointed out that it looked like a bra for big boobs...

Hmmmm.... :roll:

:wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...