News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Never Fails!

Started by JetdocX, January 31, 2010, 04:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Well into the thrird year od Steamer ownership and I'm working on a theory that the less I work on it the better it runs.  I've blown everything else besides oil changes off since last spring when I got it back togather and started my "research".

The Steamer has run like a raped ape, no problems.  Just tires and oil. :wink:

Sure as shit, I removed the swing arm last night to change the chain rub block as mine was pretty much gone and I saw what Sin Tiger had to do to replace the metal and I don't trust welds like that, etc, etc,.  Also greased the pivot points.

Well I get on it today for a long ride, and it's definitely running like shit from the start.  I can tell when it sounds like shit after starting it, it's going to be a shitty day.  Maybe it just needs to warm up, I think, knowing better, so I take it up the hill and around the 'hood a bit, but it's definitely time for the semi-annual carb removal, I can tell. :evil:

Sorry for the long story, but I rode it back home, hopped on the Aprilia and did my long day ride.  Too bad.  I was cold and wet and could have used the fairing and heated grips.  I'm just thankful for a spare bike. :wink:

I'm through doing any kind of PM to the Steamer.  I'm convinced it just gets pissed and punnishes me for it afterward.   :evil:   I'm not recommending this kind of negligence to any of you, just writing up my observations. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

:lol: you've got a cheek preachin' "Non Domesticus Spannerus" to the rest of us, hope it's nothing serious.

The welding turned out pretty good, unlike my buffing down  :roll: so it's gone to the anodizer now, post up when it comes back.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

i got a new rub block thing for my swing arm, but did'nt know you needed to take the swing arm off. can you put it on with out removing it?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

JetdocX

Last one I changed without removing.  I wanted to lube the swingarm pivots.  Pay attention, kids!

So I came home from a really nice morning ride (the roads in the hills around here are fookin' amazing, BTW)  and did the carb-ectomy, threw in a valve clearance check for grins.  All but two exhaust valves are tight.  No zero clearance valves this time, though. :D

Guess I'll be pulling the cams in the near future as I've given my Triumph tool to Cos in Cyprus. :roll:

The Tiger sat in the garage today as I rode the Shiver.  Too bad.  Can't wait to try these roads out with the Steamer.
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"I wanted to lube the swingarm pivots.  Pay attention, kids!

Haven't you got nipples  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

No nipples on the frame pivots AFAIK.  However, my m00bs are so equipped. :wink:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"However, my m00bs are so equipped. :wink:

Moisturise - "Because your worth it"  :lol:

JetdocX

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "JetdocX"However, my m00bs are so equipped. :wink:

Moisturise - "Because your worth it"  :lol:

Yes I am.  Now, Sin, does your Tiger ever get that not-so-fresh feeling? :lol:
From parts unknown.

oxnsox

You guys are just trying to confuse the bikebuff search engine...  :lol:  :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"Now, Sin, does your Tiger ever get that not-so-fresh feeling? :lol:

Nope, 'coz I hang one of these from the handle bars - for that all day fresh Haggis aroma  :P

QuoteYou guys are just trying to confuse the bikebuff search engine... Laughing Laughing

No we're not, we wouldn't be so mean  :wink:

Mustang

LOL those little tree fresheners are made right up the road from me here in the frozen wasteland called 'New Hampshire" :sleepy1