News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake Mini Overhaul

Started by Timbox2, February 10, 2010, 07:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

After reading somewhere about a Tiger owner having big problems getting the brake pad pins out, thought  I would have a play today.

I removed all the brake pads and gave all the pins etc a light smearing of the ol copper slip.
What struck me was the total absence of any corrosion or gunge anywhere inside the calipers, all the pistons moved with finger pressure only and were nice and shiny. Im feeling that this particular Tiger never came out to play in the winter time, or it did and the guy was very careful about maintenance.

Heres a question for anybody that might know: The brake pad metal backings were a sort of purple in colour, anybody know what make they may be?
2016 Tiger Sport