News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Hooter

Started by 60stonuptype, July 21, 2010, 03:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60stonuptype

The horn on my 2006 Tiger works ok but seems to me to be a little feek and weeble.  Does anybody have a recommendation for a replacement horn which would be a direct (or nearly direct) swap?

Many thanks in advance for your usual great advise

Brian

pineygroveshop

I've a Stebel Nautilus mounted under the cockpit.  I manufactured my own bracket that is secured to the lower tree.  My aux lights, secured to the bottom of the cockpit, obscure the view of it.
It puts out a wonderous noise!
Cheers,
Stephen

n4naked

a stebel magnum can be used as a direct replacement....i don't think it's as loud as a nautilus but it's much louder than the stock horn.

outrunner

+1 on the Nautilus, you can take them apart and fit the trumpet inside the nosecone linked by a length of airline to the compressor under the seat or wherever else you please.  I did!:D

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

ChazzyB

Stebel Magnum here. It's mounted on the OEM hooter bracket.

Parp, Parp.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

HockleyBoy

+1 on the Magnum, not significantly quieter than the Nautilus and takes 10 minutes to fit.  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

PeteH

+2 on the nautilus, made a bracket that sits where the stock one fits, got photos either on here or Trat.net.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

jonathan jaecks

FIAMM Highway blaster, 130+ decibels, small, easy to install (needs additional 5v relay), relatively inexpensive...WILL get your attention.

Can be found at Aerostich/Rider Warehouse

tett

Have a Nautilus on my Valkyrie.  Great horn!  Lets others know you are there!  Just orderd one for the Tiger.

Cheers!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger