News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

rear shock rebuild

Started by rybes, March 24, 2010, 01:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

afternoon all. does anyone know if the rear shock on a 94 can be rebuilt or do i need to buy a new shock ?

thanks  :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

I just had mine rebuilt by Firefox racing, although i`m not quite sure if its been done right, it feels way too soft, i might be sending it back as they give a 2 year guarantee.
They can be found on Ebay,

Mustang

Quote from: "rf9rider"I just had mine rebuilt by Firefox racing, although i`m not quite sure if its been done right, it feels way too soft, i might be sending it back as they give a 2 year guarantee.

was it a Kayaba  , they were like that brand new also , mush mush mush

rybes

cheers rf. thats good news :D im gettin mine done by mtc in stowmarket.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "rf9rider"I just had mine rebuilt by Firefox racing, although i`m not quite sure if its been done right, it feels way too soft, i might be sending it back as they give a 2 year guarantee.

MIne has a Showa sticker on so who knows?  :lol:

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"cheers rf. thats good news :D im gettin mine done by mtc in stowmarket.

Let us know how you get on with them.

Mustang

Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "Mustang"

MIne has a Showa sticker on so who knows?  :lol:
The showa on my tiger was moderately OK when it was new , and I mean like brand new , but the quality was so bad that when the bike was going over washboard dirt roads you could literally hear the spring chattering against the nuts for preload . It was also short lived as during the third years winter storage the end of the remote reservoir blew apart ( the end of the can with the hose attachment came apart somehow )and puked its guts on the shop floor . This was while it was sitting parked during the winter , not even being used .
Back then you could get a Ohlins from Jack Lilleys for substantially less money than the stock Triumph Showa pc. of shit . .Even after shipping cost to USA it was still 250 dollars cheaper than the Triumph Showa
That Ohlins is still on the bike to this day and still performs just as good as when it was new .
I can't remember what the exact model number for it was but it was the type 3b series  shock . I want to say it was a 476 model # but could well be wrong on that