News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is this surging, or what ?..

Started by Basri..., December 04, 2010, 08:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basri...

Bike fires up at a second, even in cold weather, at neutral, pull the throttle, reaches up to highest rpm, moving at 1st gear is o.k. (low rpm), 2nd gear and pull the throttle, around 3500 rpm, as if running out of gas, won't go over 3500 rpm, till the engine warms up, once it warms up, ewerthing is back to normal...

Any idea ?, reason ?, solution ?,,  please....
Basri,

since 1965...

Mustang

they do like the choke for a while in colder temps..........

how's the air filter

Basri...

Quote from: "Mustang"how's the air filter

No idea.. :oops:

will check soon..

thanks..
Basri,

since 1965...

Basri...

Cleaned the air filter yesterday, was really dirty..

Bike starts fine, when pull the throttle, at high rpms, such as 3000-5000, behives as if running out of gas and explodes from the pipe with black smoke..

Problems the bike has;

Dead battery (i jumpstart it, or down the hill.. :oops: )

Two of coils are factory Gills, one is aftermarket Bosch (values are o.k. 0.6 Ohm, 40000 volts) Still saving for a set of Nologyes..

Never opened the carbs (scared to open them, not sure if i can put them back together) and checked inside, so no idea what's going on in them...

Air vent nozzle at the bottom of tank is blocked..

With a very tight budget, where should i start, maybe i could hit the target at first shut.. :D

January the 9th, we have lovely weather here, perfect for riding, any advice and help needed, i want to ride.. :cry:
Basri,

since 1965...

Mustang

Quote from: "Basri..."Cleaned the air filter yesterday, was really dirty..

Bike starts fine, when pull the throttle, at high rpms, such as 3000-5000, behives as if running out of gas and explodes from the pipe with black smoke..

Problems the bike has;

Dead battery (i jumpstart it, or down the hill.. :oops: )

Two of coils are factory Gills, one is aftermarket Bosch (values are o.k. 0.6 Ohm, 40000 volts) Still saving for a set of Nologyes..

Never opened the carbs and checked inside, so no idea what's going on in them...

Air vent nozzle at the bottom of tank is blocked..

With a very tight budget, where should i start, maybe i could hit the target at first shut.. :D

January the 9th, we have lovely weather here, perfect for riding, any advice and help needed, i want to ride.. :cry:
clear the vent it can't hurt , and that vent is for water that gets in under the cap if the vent is plugged the water goes in the tank , drain the gas and check for water in fuel when you unplug the vent
it could be the coils .
how was it running before you pulled the air filter for cleaning ............?

Check for air leaks on the carb boots and air box rubbers  also make sure the blanking cap is on the right hand snorkel of air box

probably is time to pull the carbs and give them a good cleaning
read this
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7600

Basri...

Thank you Mustang,

Quotehow was it running before you pulled the air filter for cleaning ............?
Same..

QuoteCheck for air leaks on the carb boots
They are fine..

Quoteand air box rubbers
I repaired and sealed the cracks and holes..

Quotemake sure the blanking cap is on the right hand snorkel of air box
It is on there...

Quoteprobably is time to pull the carbs and give them a good cleaning
read this
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7600
I have read this at least 10 times, also read the related part on the manuel many times, still scared.. :oops:
Will try tomarrow, if i am in the right mood.. :roll:

Quoteclear the vent it can't hurt
Of course, that is the most easy..

Thank you Mustang, hope it is not the coil..
Basri,

since 1965...

Basri...

This is the last post of http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7302

Quotejust to close the lid on this thread

i found that there was water in the fuel. carbs had water in them when draining them and the tank had conjealed water gunge around the tap filters in the tank so it made it run poorly.
Water got in from a blocked overflow pipe from the petrol cap area to the bottom of the tank.

cleaned out the blockage, which i had to drill through as it was like resin, and shes running ok now.

As Mustang indicated as first possibilty, that's the problem, i hope, will see tomarrow..
Basri,

since 1965...

Basri...

Problem solved...

I don't know what is the relation between the side stand switch and spark plugs but i noticed that;

Side stand open, spark plugs are out, attached to their cables, push the starter button, no spark, as the moment i pull my finger from starter button, there is a little spark between the nut of the plug an the bike, nothing at the tip of the plug.
Side stand closed, sparks at the tip of the plug as i hit the starter button..

So ewerytime i try to start the bike while side stand is open, spark plugs are damaged..

Weird, isn' it..

I cancelled the side stand switch, new spark plugs, ewerything is back to normal...
Basri,

since 1965...

Mustang