News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My 98 BRG taking random breaks

Started by bjago, March 26, 2010, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjago

I found out how patient I am this past weekend, Due to my faithful Tiger deciding to finally attempt to leave me on the side of the road approx 10 times. I was literally taking the long way to my local dealer to look at a pretty clean 05 BRG Tiger with all the trimmings (3 bags and tank bag, crash bars and wind screen....etc). When as the day got warmer the bike at any RPM would just stop running, as if I shut the engine off at the kill switch. Then after a small break between 5 and 20 mins the bike would light off as if nothing was wrong. Turns out that at 76K miles I am just about due for an ignition pickup according to Cascade Motos amazing service tech. So I can say after owning and abusing this bike for over 60K miles the first time it tried to leave me stranded, it FAILED and $85.00 hard earned bucks later she is up and running like nothing happened. Try that with a BMW.   :D   Adios
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)