News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I'm Back!!!!

Started by tazshido, March 30, 2010, 12:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

I'm not quite home yet but I am back in the USA. A couple of days of demobilization crap here at Fort Hood (Killeen) Texas and I'll be home. We came back with the same amount we left with. We were only in Kuwait and they haven't gotten involved in the Al Quaida nonsense, YET! We had a few car crashes on the highway and anybody who knows how those morons drive knows that living through a crash in Kuwait is no mean feat.Now all we have to do is get everybody the next 1500 miles and we'll be good. I was very happy to kick the dust from my shoes when I left that place. It might not be as dangerous as Iraq or Afghanistan but it still sucked balls.
Now all I have to do is keep my sanity for another month and I'll fly out to California to pick up my beautiful 2006 Silver Tiger. Thanks again to all the knowledge and fellowship I found on this forum. Y'all are almost as good as boobies and beer!

Cheers,
James (tazshido) Asbury
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

aeronca

right on, welcome home :hello2
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "tazshido"Y'all are almost as good as boobies and beer!

Yup, there are a few of us big Tit's on here :ImaPoser  :friday

Glad you got back in one piece and with your sense of humor in tact, I know exactly what you mean about the driving ....... where's my camel  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Great to hear you're back ok Taz.

And I know what you mean about their driving.  I came across an incident in the dark once, Mercedes 500SL vs camel about 100 clicks into the desert.  Now a camel is about half-a-ton of meat, blubber and bone on four stilts, cleverly positioned so that if you hit those stilts with the bonnet of a Merc at about 70mph, the stilts fold and dump the half-ton mass straight through the windscreen.  Sadly, once the camel (less stilts) is inside the Merc, there's no longer any room for the four occupants who were all totalled (as well as the camel).
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Advwannabe

I just know that driving between two lines of semis going in opposite diections at 90mph in a Lancruiser took years of my life.

Welcome home Taz
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"on four stilts, cleverly positioned so that if you hit those stilts with the bonnet of a Merc at about 70mph, the stilts fold and dump the half-ton mass straight through the windscreen.  

They hobble the buggers with shackles so they can't run in the night  :shock: and the stilts don't show up too well in headlights, by the time you see the body at 90 it's too late.

I used to dread drives back from the drydock accross the desert at night  :shock:  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

akey

welcome back bro,

Any deployment is always tough and dont let anyone tell ya any different.  Also know what you mean about the driving, just glad you all got back safe.

take it easy

KuzzinKenny

Hey tazshido !! Quote ( We came back with the same amount we left with ) thats a good day at the office but don`t relax to much as you`ve still got to deal with a few 1000 cagers before ya get home !!  :shock:

Welcome back !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly