News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

BB out of Steamer Airboxes...

Started by Jomama, April 14, 2010, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jomama

...my efforts to continue using my old Airbox last summer have been thwarted, the breather tube fitting off the bottom is broke off and my reseal job did not hold.  Bike is still drivable but the throttle is a little boggy if you go for a quick acceleration.

Ordered the new box from Bike Bandit and its been back-ordered with no idea of when they are getting more in stock.

Any other decent online sources that might have one of these in stock?
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

Bixxer Bob

No familiar with your box, but here;s the idea, Mustang will no doubt fill in the detail.

First blank off the old breather port (steel washer, rubber washer, box,rubber washer,steelwasher bolted through.

Next source (or have made up) a brass shouldered outlet to suit your breather pipe.

Drill box in a convenient place and fit.  

Here's a visual (my copy of Paint.net is getting some work tonight!)

This is going to look real stupid if I've misunderstood the problem..... :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

Yep fix it like above or buy a new one from the dealer and have him ship to you.
From parts unknown.

Jomama

The box is so cracked throughout the body there is no way its going to be usable again.  None of what I did to seal it up last summer held..
1996 Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: "Jomama"The box is so cracked throughout the body there is no way its going to be usable again.  None of what I did to seal it up last summer held..
check your PM's

Jomama

Quote from: "Mustang"check your PM's

Thanks, you're the man!
1996 Tiger

Dr. Mordo

And let me add that in the future Baxter is the first place to buy parts, Bikebandit.  Bikebandit has very little (if anything) in stock, while Baxter has a ton of stuff in stock.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

ramseybella

Quote from: "Jomama"...my efforts to continue using my old Airbox last summer have been thwarted, the breather tube fitting off the bottom is broke off and my reseal job did not hold.  Bike is still drivable but the throttle is a little boggy if you go for a quick acceleration.

Ordered the new box from Bike Bandit and its been back-ordered with no idea of when they are getting more in stock.

Any other decent online sources that might have one of these in stock?

Contact your Triumph dealer it is only $10.00 more than Bike Bandit..

Jomama

Quote from: "ramseybella"Contact your Triumph dealer it is only $10.00 more than Bike Bandit..

Mustang hooked me up, pointed me towards a used one off ebay...  But I would bet my Triumph dealers marks it up more than that...  I believe their parts are magic given the $$$$ they charge... :wink:
1996 Tiger

ramseybella

Quote from: "Jomama"
Quote from: "ramseybella"Contact your Triumph dealer it is only $10.00 more than Bike Bandit..

Mustang hooked me up, pointed me towards a used one off ebay...  But I would bet my Triumph dealers marks it up more than that...  I believe their parts are magic given the $$$$ they charge... :wink:

I know what you mean, made of gold or something they quoted me $76.00. I cracked mine open after grinding off the side screws that just spin in placed what a pain but hey washed the foam conditioned it and slap it together..