News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

my barend has gone west

Started by fliptoplid, April 19, 2010, 01:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fliptoplid

Hmm, I thought the extra vibes on my right hand were 'cus I'd switched to my summer gloves . . then I noticed  . . my bar end had dropped off somewhere in the middle of Snowdonia! My (not very) local dealer says it'll take a week and cost about £30UK - which is a bit steep compared to the standard aftermarket stuff. However I've looked at the on the net and I can't find anything as big as the 37mm(!) original.

Anyone out there know of a make that'll match up?

Fliptop
2008 Tiger 1050 - a black beauty \":)\"
2005 Blue Tractor 955i (not a drop of oil in 10K/1yr!)
2009 Aprilia Pegaso Strada (fun bike - shame \'bout the service)
2000 Aprilia Pegaso (parts service is useless!)

fliptoplid

Well I couldn't find an aftermarket alternative so I paid my £42(!) for a triumph bar-end.

The weird thing is that as soon as I replaced it I realised that I had been getting less vibration without weights. I've checked by taking both ends off again - I definitely get more numb thumb with the weights fitted. Especially on the right and no matter how or how gently I hold on.

So, either I have a smart looking end-less-bars and a numb thumb or cr__py looking unprotected bars and a comfortable ride.

Thoughts anyone?

Fliptop  

:?
2008 Tiger 1050 - a black beauty \":)\"
2005 Blue Tractor 955i (not a drop of oil in 10K/1yr!)
2009 Aprilia Pegaso Strada (fun bike - shame \'bout the service)
2000 Aprilia Pegaso (parts service is useless!)

Bixxer Bob

The anodised (coloured) aftermarket bar ends are aluminium so should be a lot lighter...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

They do tend to fall off.

I too had to get a triumph one..

oxnsox

You do have to check them occasionally as they will loosen up.

I lost one once on 250mile ride. Unexpectedly a mate at work turned up with it on the Monday. Seems a following motorist picked it up and gave it to him when they were fueling up later in the day.  He wasn't even riding with me, was just a bike owner at a gas station so got given a bit off a bike someone else had found.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bixxer Bob

I think the driver'd have been less helpful if he'd stopped you bar-end with his windscreen... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...