News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Touring??

Started by BIG BILL, May 29, 2010, 09:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG BILL

To all you Tiger Tourer's
I have just purchaced a new tent for my start at Touring again.
It is 8kg in weight about 17lbs, can I strap it to the top of my Givi top box or is it too heavy??
I don't really want to remove the box and use the rack as I will be carrying my young Son and he likes the security of the box behind him.

Cheers  BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

BigMark

That's a big arse tent...

Strap it on the side mate, not on the top...

BIG BILL

Mark, I'm a big arsed bloke :D
The Fazer I had before would only take 10 kgs max on the rack.
The tiger looks like it will take 80kgs?

Cheers again  BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

BigMark

It sure does take a lot on mine but then if in doubt add a ratchet strap under the side pannier to the frame for extra support..

The lower the weight the better...

See you in June, Just down the road for you int it?

aeronca

Quote from: "BigMark"It sure does take a lot on mine but then if in doubt add a ratchet strap under the side pannier to the frame for extra support..

The lower the weight the better...

See you in June, Just down the road for you int it?

+1 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Might be worth trying it on the seat in front of your top box with some foam round it if your youngster is not too big.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint